Friday, January 2, 2009
A scene I hope to witness someday in the future
"Look! Look at me! I'm the king of Christmas!" A three year old boy in spiderman pajamas skips erratically through a pile of torn wrapping paper. He has fixed a ribbon with a big gold bow around his forehead so precariously that he has to keep his head tilted at an awkward angle as it slips down over his right eye. In his left hand is a jumbo-sized candy cane, which he uses to enforce his dominion over the wrapping paper, boxes, and the branches of the Christmas tree that are within reach, by hitting them as he skips by. Yet he is blinded by his new power; the huge golden crown of sorts has covered his right eye, and he doesn't see the slippery plastic that causes his foot to slip. He lands on his back, his crown crushed and his sugary scepter cracked. The cat cautiously emerges from her exile under the couch. As the fallen King of Christmas cries, she resumes her briefly interrupted reign of terror over the wrapping paper remains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hee hee! Who's the boy?
Ah, I sense another round of the Family Championship.
I don't know it just popped in my head.
Post a Comment