Saturday, December 1, 2007

Not Yet, by Rieko

Idea for a cartoon

Cut 1. Bird's-eye view of a young man lying prone on a rug. His body lies diagonally across the frame. His face is green and is turned towards the left. Some interesting patterns on the rug. Scattered around his head are a big opened bottle with pills spilling out and a glass with water spilling out. Thought bubble: "Sigh..."

Cut 2. Hospital corridor. A bunch of shadows (nurses) pushing the man on a gurney in a hurry. Man is face up, eyes closed. Face still green. Really weak. Thought bubble: "This is it. Good-bye, life."

Cut 3. Closeup of a beautiful nurse with a big radiant smile. Big curly hair. Lipsticks. Very full breasts. Clipboard in her hands. Rays of bright light shooting outwards from behind her. Big pretty flowers around her. Speech bubble: "Good morning! I'm your nurse, Katya."

Cut 4. To the left, the nurse standing, still smiling. Speech bubble: "Let me take your temperature!" To the right, man sitting up on hospital bed. Eyes wide open, mouth hanging open, staring at the nurse. His heart pops out. Warm fuzzy feeling spreads around him.

The end.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hee hee, I'd love to see this! This reminds of a Sinfest-style strip.

Kristy Powers said...

I love it. It makes me feel happier about what I construed as the tragic and sick atmosphere of the song. Not that yours is Disney material! ;)